Autoship 101 for Merchants
Table of Contents
After launching a WooCommerce store with Autoship Cloud, a merchant is ready to learn the ins and outs of managing their Autoship program!. This document provides an overview of how customers and merchants will interact with the new Autoship Cloud Integration.
Learning the Customer Portal
Customers on your site can create new Scheduled Orders and manage existing Scheduled Orders in My Account > Scheduled Orders. For example, a customer can add and remove products, pause or update the Next Occurrence Date, and update payment or address information at any time.
A merchant can learn more about how customers view and manage Scheduled Orders in the following docs:
A merchant has access to key components of their Autoship Cloud Integration as outlined below:
- Customize and manage your Autoship Cloud plugin Settings
- Quickly view your Scheduled Order revenue, customer data, and recent processing in your Dashboard
- Manage your Products
- Manage your Customers
- View, edit, and manually process Scheduled Orders
- Add or remove Coupons
- Manage your Shipping Rates
- Manage your Payment Integrations
- View product forecasting, metrics, and more in Reports
Managing Scheduled Orders
A merchant can manage Scheduled Orders for customers on the backend by selecting "View/Edit" in Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders. This is outlined here: Editing Scheduled Orders.
From here, a merchant can help the customer update their shipping address, products, next occurrence date, and more just as the customer can from My Account > Scheduled Orders.
As a merchant, you have many settings available in Autoship Cloud > Settings > Options. These options allow you to:
- Customize the wording of your Autoship program
- Enable free shipping at Checkout if Autoship is selected
- Change how your Scheduled Orders are displayed to customers
- Enable Autoship options on the cart page
- And more!
There are many features included in your Autoship Cloud integration that may be helpful to a merchant or their customers.
- Merchants can enable Customer Notifications so customers are informed of updates to their Scheduled Orders
- Customize how you educate your customers about the benefits of your Autoship Program. Learn more here: Autoship Cloud Info Link Settings
- Set your own frequency options across your whole site or for individual products
- An optional setting is lock windows for Scheduled Orders
- A merchant can utilize Autoship Link Builder for WooCommerce Products
If a merchant is interested in customizations or further development, we offer many examples and resources here: Autoship Cloud Developers.