Migrating Subscriptions from a Third Party
How to Migrate Subscriptions Successfully
There are 4 key steps to migrating existing subscriptions (such as from WooCommerce Subscriptions) to Autoship Cloud Scheduled Orders as outlined below.
Step 1 - Staging Site & Setup
Before you go through the migration process, it's important that you not only get ready for new Scheduled Orders but ensure our product is right for you!
- Install the Autoship Cloud Plugin
- Activate your 14-day Free Trial with QPilot
- Follow our Install and Launch Guide
- Create a new Scheduled Order to test your customer experience and setup!
- We will import a few existing subscriptions as Scheduled Orders to test the migration process.
Step 2 - Migration Data Confirmation
We understand the importance of your customer data and ensuring a smooth transition. This is why testing and validating your migration data is extremely important.
- Export existing subscription to a CSV file
- Review and validate data:
- Are product ids and prices correct?
- Is any payment, product, or customer address information missing?
- Do payment methods match what is saved in your payment gateway?
You can learn more about validating data here: Validating Customer and Product Id's
Step 3 - Migration
Now that your team has validated the subscription data and tested the migration on a staging site, you are ready to migrate on your live site.
- Export and validate your existing subscription data
- Schedule your import between Mon-Wed
- Once imported, ensure that the new Scheduled Orders look correct (step 2). For example:
- Is the customer information complete and correct?
- Are product prices correct?
Step 4 - Finalize Migration
Now that data has been confirmed and existing subscriptions have been imported you can finalize your migration.