[WooCommerce] Autoship Product Settings
Table Of Contents
The Autoship Cloud powered by QPilot plugin extends your WooCommerce Products with settings specific to Autoship and also give administrators visibility into how a Product is synchronizing with their connected QPilot Site.
WooCommerce Product Data Settings
Autoship Cloud adds a robust set of options for pricing and scheduling products for Autoship Cloud Scheduled Orders. These settings can be found when editing a product in WooCommerce and locating the "Autoship" tab within Product Data.
Below are screenshots that will help you locate Autoship Cloud product settings for both simple products as well as variations:
Simple Product Settings
Variable Product Settings
1. Activate Product Sync:
Enables product data to be synchronized with QPilot and enables the display of additional Autoship Product Options.
Note! To make your product available to add and process with Scheduled Orders, you will also need to toggle this option on as outlined here: Autoship Product Settings
2. Enable Schedule Options:
Toggles whether or not Autoship options will be displayed to customers on the product page.
- For Variable Products you may enable all variations (default when enabling Autoship Cloud Sync) or disable individual variations in the Variations tab (see how disabling autoship options for the purple tank disables the options for this individual option on the product page?)
3. Autoship Checkout Price:
The price that will be charged at checkout if an Autoship frequency is attached to the product at cart/checkout (this is a "one-time" checkout price for Autoship and does not apply to recurring Autoship Scheduled Orders).
4. Autoship Recurring Price:
The price that will be charged for the product on recurring Autoship Scheduled Orders (this price is known as the "Sale Price" of the Product in Autoship Cloud > Products). Not entering a price for Recurring or clearing the Autoship Recurring Price means that the Regular price of the product will be used for recurring Autoship Scheduled Orders).
* Autoship Checkout Price and Autoship Recurring price are independent, and either can be left blank. If both are left blank, you are effectively not offering any product price incentive for Autoship.
5. Autoship Scheduled Order Settings
Allows admins to quickly identify if products enabled for Autoship are also enabled for Scheduled Order processing. See Autoship Cloud Product Settings below for more details.
6. Autoship Group Ids (optional)
Allows admins to attach products to Product Groups already created in QPilot. Do Not use this field unless you are using product groups in QPilot successfully already. If you are unsure if you are using product groups in QPilot, contact our customer success team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. Product Data Overrides:
Admins can choose to override product (or product variation) data synchronized with QPilot. This is often used for:
- Customizing the Title of the product for Autoship Orders only
- Overriding QPilot site defaults of weight
Overriding QPilot site defaults of dimension
For example, most products come in ounces but select products come in lbs. Admins can override the data sent to QPilot, setting the units of weight for the product to QPilot.
8. Frequency Options - Override Default:
Toggles whether or not a product or variation should display it's own frequency options.
- The order of precedence for which frequency options a product will display is:
- From Most Important to Least (default):
- Individual Product Variation Frequencies
- Individual Product Settings
- Parent Product Settings (if variation)
- Default Site-Level Frequency Settings
- For example: if no frequency options are set for products enabled for Autoship, then the default frequency options (1,2,3 and 4 months) will display.
- From Most Important to Least (default):
- Custom Frequency Options 1- 5: The custom frequencies to display if "Override Defaults" is checked.
- At least one custom option must be filled in, and up to 5 can be filled in for a product or variation
9. Next Occurrence Options - Override Default:
Toggles whether or not a product should override the default "Next Occurrence Date" behavior.
- Enable to override the default "Next Occurrence Date" behavior and choose to “Set Next Occurrence Date Relative to Checkout”. This enables merchants to choose a number of Days, Weeks or Months after Checkout for when the Scheduled Order created for this product should be scheduled for (also known as the “Next Occurrence Date”).
- For example (shown below): overriding the Next Occurrence Date for a product with "Days" and "10" will result in a Scheduled Order with a Next Occurrence Date of 10 Days after the Checkout when the product was first purchased.
- In the example (shown below), the result of purchasing the product selected for Autoship and completing an order on September 12th, is a Scheduled Order with a Next Occurrence Date of September 22nd.
10. Autoship Link Builder:
Toggle to build a link to allow customers to easily add a product to a Scheduled Order by simply providing them a URL. See Autoship Link Builder for more details.
11. (Variable Product) Disable Autoship Options per Variation
Toggles Autoship Options for specific variation(s) on and off.
The Autoship Section layout per variation will look identical to the layout for simple products with one exception: the Disable Autoship Option for this Variation checkbox (this is not checked by default). This option can be found in WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Product >> Variations and then in the Autoship section. Checking this option means Autoship options will not be available for this variation on your product page/checkout nor will Autoship options show in the edit screen.
Autoship Cloud Product Settings
Autoship Scheduled Order Settings for each product are displayed within WooCommerce in order to give administrators visibility into how a product is being managed in their connected QPilot Site for Scheduled Orders.
However, Autoship Cloud also offers Product manageability in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Products.
- Add To Scheduled Order: enables customers to add the product to Scheduled Orders
- Disable this setting to prevent customers from adding the product to their Scheduled Orders
- Process Scheduled Order: enables the product to process on Scheduled Orders
- Disable this setting setting if you no longer want this product to process on Scheduled Orders
- When disabled, the product will appear to customers as "out of stock" on their existing Scheduled Orders
Your product availability in Autoship Cloud will show in
WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Products as shown in the example below. Note: This is for visibility only, to update the Product availability to add to and process with Scheduled Orders, you will need to update the product in Autoship Cloud.
WooCommerce Product's Autoship Custom Fields
The Autoship Cloud plugin uses the fields where Autoship data was entered above to create custom fields in the WooCommerce Product's 'meta_data' array. Those fields help add the correct data for Autoship checkout and product synchronization. More details on the fields and how developers may customize them can be found in our developer doc Autoship Custom Metadata Fields Added to WooCommerce Products.