How Shipping Rates Work
Merchants can create and manage Shipping Rates in their connected QPilot Site or when logged into the WordPress Admin ( WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Shipping Rates ).
To learn more about how Shipping Rates Work see here: QPilot Shipping Rates
3 Important Features of Shipping Rates
- Matched to Specific Scheduled Order Conditions
- Optimized for Lowest Cost
How a Shipping Rate Is Automatically Applied to a Scheduled Order
- A Shipping Rate is validated by matching Scheduled Order and Product(s) data.
- A Shipping Rate is validated by matching the Shipping Address of the Scheduled Order.
- Matching Shipping Rates are filtered by following an order of "specificity" to see if they are available and can be applied to a Scheduled Order.
How the "Default" Shipping Rate is Automatically Applied to Each Scheduled Order
If no Shipping Rates are available for the Scheduled Order, the Scheduled Order fails ( processing error #1002). This error occurs when there is no Shipping Rate found for the Scheduled Order.
For additional details on how Shipping Rates work see here: QPilot Shipping Rates