Autoship Cloud Coupons
- How Coupons Work with Scheduled Orders
- Enable Customers to Manage Coupons on Scheduled Orders
- Creating a Coupon
- Applying a Coupon to a Scheduled Order
- Coupon Reference Guide
- Coupon Usage Examples
Coupons are a powerful way to offer and manage discounts for existing or potential customers.
QPilot™, the hosted service that powers Autoship Cloud, handles all of your coupon codes, discounts, and promotions assigned to Scheduled Orders and enables you to quickly create one-time and recurring coupons for your customers. Create simple and unique rewards for Scheduled Orders, apply recurring discounts or go further with advanced options.
How Coupons Work with Scheduled Orders
Coupons created in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Coupons apply only to Scheduled Orders.
This means that any rules, discounts or offers you create for coupons don't mix with the coupons you manage for your WooCommerce Cart and Checkout - making Scheduled Order discounts easy to manage and helping to avoid unintentional "double discounting".
Enable Customers to Manage Coupons on Scheduled Orders
Merchants and site administrators can always manage coupons by editing Scheduled Orders.
In order to display coupon options to your customers so that they can add and update coupons on their own Scheduled Orders, you must enable this option for your connected QPilot Site.
To do this, login to your QPilot Merchant Account, edit the connected QPilot Site, select the "Options" tab.
Select the option "Enable Customers to manage coupons on Scheduled Orders" and confirm the change by selecting "Update".
Creating a Coupon
The WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Coupons page displays an embedded report of coupons created for Scheduled Orders. Coupons can be created from this page by selecting the "add" action ( or "+" button ).
See the Coupon Reference Guide for more details on creating coupons! When you are ready to create the coupon, select "Update".
Applying a Coupon to a Scheduled Order
To manually apply a coupon to a Scheduled Order, visit Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders > "View/Edit". Then add the coupon code to the Scheduled Order as shown below for example. Make sure to "Update" the Scheduled Order to save the changes.
Coupon Reference Guide
Enter any descriptive name for the coupon. It’s helpful to name the coupon something that is easy for you to recognize. If possible, use a name that describes what type of discount this coupon will provide so that you can easily recognize it.
This is the code that your customers will use to receive a discount on the Scheduled Order it’s assigned to.
- The code cannot contain spaces
- Must be comprised only of letters, numbers and/or special characters.
- Special characters you may include within coupon codes are: %, @, +, -, \, _ and .
Discounts can be applied to Scheduled Order Subtotals and Shipping as flat amounts or percentages. You can select one Discount Type for each coupon your create.
- Reduce Subtotal by Percentage
- Reduces the pre-tax subtotal of the Scheduled Order by a percentage % value
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “50” will apply a 50% discount to the Scheduled Order
- Reduce Subtotal by Amount
- Reduces the pre-tax subtotal of the Scheduled Order by a specific amount
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “50” will apply a $50.00 discount to the Scheduled Order
- Reduce Shipping by Percentage
- Reduces the pre-tax shipping total of the Scheduled Order by a percentage % value
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “10” will apply a 10% discount to Shipping
- Reduce Shipping by Amount
- Reduces the pre-tax shipping total of the Scheduled Order by a specific amount
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “10” will apply a $10.00 discount to Shipping
- Set Shipping to Amount
- Sets the cost of Shipping to a specific amount
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “0” will set the cost of Shipping to $0.00
Specify the amount for the coupon to apply a discount in one of two ways:
- As a flat amount in your site’s currency
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “10” or “10.00” is 10
- As a percentage with up to four decimal places
- Example: a Coupon Amount of “15” or “15.0” is 15%
In the case of percentage-based discounts, the final calculated discount will be rounded to the nearest cent based on the subtotal of the Scheduled Order.
Percentage Discount: Additional Options
- Maximum Percentage Discount Amount: sets a maximum amount that can be discounted by the percentage discount
- Example: entering an amount of “100” will limit a 50% discount to a maximum amount of 100.
Flat Amount Discount: Additional Options
- Limit discount (discount cannot exceed the total value of the Scheduled Order)
- Use this default setting for coupons that should only apply the discount once. If the total amount is not applied, the coupon will still only apply the discount once.
- Do not limit discount (credit will carry forward until the value of the discount is applied)
- Use this setting to allow the coupon to apply any remaining discount amount as credit to apply when the Scheduled Order continues to process
Recurring Discount Options
When you create a coupon, the default behavior for the coupon will be set to “Apply the discount initially and to future Scheduled Orders”. You can change this by selecting one of the other radio button options to limit the recurring discount behavior.
Apply the discount to all future Scheduled Orders
This (default) option enables the coupon discount to be applied to the Scheduled Order as a recurring discount to the Scheduled Order when it is created and as it continues to process and create recurring orders.
- Example Usage: offer this coupon to customers who want to receive a recurring 10% discount on their Scheduled Order. The coupon will continue to apply the 10% discount with this coupon applied to their Scheduled Order.
Apply the discount for the next “X” Scheduled Order Cycles
This option enables the coupon discount to be applied to the Scheduled Order discount when it is created and for a set number of processing cycles: the next “X” cycles.
- Example Usage: Setting this to “3” will enable the discount to apply only to the next 3 Scheduled Order Cycles and then no longer apply.
Not recurring. Apply the discount one-time only
This option restricts the coupon discount to be applied only once (1 cycle) after it is assigned to a Scheduled Order regardless of other settings.
- Example Usage: offer this coupon to customers who will receive a $5 as a one-time discount the next time their Scheduled Order processes (the next cycle). After this cycle, the coupon will no longer apply.
Check this option if the coupon is allowed to be used in addition to other coupons. Leave this option unchecked if the coupon cannot be added to a Scheduled Order when other coupons are already assigned to a Scheduled Order.
If you set an expiration date, the coupon can no longer be added to Scheduled Orders after the end of that date.
Recurring discounts will continue to apply to Scheduled Orders they have already been added to even after the expiration date.
You can use conversion limits to restrict the number of times a coupon code can be applied by your customers.
Maximum Uses per Customer
The default setting of “1” restricts the coupon to be assigned to 1 Scheduled Order per customer.
Increasing this limit will increase the number of Scheduled Orders that each customer can assign the coupon to.
Maximum Overall Uses
Set a limit on the overall number of times the coupon can be assigned to any Scheduled Order.
Example Usage: Set Maximum Uses per Customer to “1” and Maximum Overall Uses to “100” so that only the first 100 Customers to apply the Coupon to a Scheduled Order will receive the discount.
You can further limit the ability to apply the coupon to only Scheduled Orders that match specific conditions like Cycles, Shipping Address, Number of Items and Customer Email.
- Min Scheduled Order Cycles: the minimum number of times a Scheduled Order must have already processed (aka "Cycled") in order for this coupon to apply.
- Example: Set Min Scheduled Order Cycles to "5" if the coupon should only apply to the Scheduled Order once it has processed at least 5 times.
- Max Scheduled Order Cycles: the maximum number of times a Scheduled Order is allowed to process (aka "Cycled") before it is no longer qualified for this coupon.
- Example: Set Max Scheduled Order Cycles to "10" if the coupon should only apply to the Scheduled Order before it has processed 10 times.
Add values for any Shipping Address field that should be used to limit applying the coupon to the Scheduled Order only when it matches each value in the Shipping Address field.
Leave all fields blank if the Coupon can be applied to Scheduled Orders with any Shipping Address.
- “Country” Example Usage: set country to "US | USA" if the coupon can only apply to Scheduled Orders shipped within the United States
- “Post Code” Example Usage: set Post Code to "90210" if the coupon can only apply to Scheduled Orders shipped to a 90210 address.
Add values for any Item field that should be used to limit applying the coupon to the Scheduled Order only when the items match each condition.
- Min Units: the minimum number of total units (Product Quantity) required to apply this coupon
- Example: Set Min Units to "10" if the total quantity of Products in the Scheduled Order must be 10 or more for the Coupon to apply.
- Min Subtotal: the minimum subtotal of the Scheduled Order required to qualify for this coupon
- Example: Set Min Subtotal to "50" if the subtotal of the Scheduled Order must be at least $50.00 to qualify for this coupon.
- Min Weight: the minimum total weight of all products in the Scheduled Order required to apply this coupon
- Example: Set Min Weight to “50” (and Unit of Weight to “Pound”) if the total weight of Products in the Scheduled Order must weigh at least 50 lbs to qualify for this coupon
- Max Weight: the maximum total weight of all products in the Scheduled Order allowed to apply this coupon
- Example: Set Max Weight to “100” (and Unit of Weight to “Pound”) if the total weight of Products in the Scheduled Order may not exceed 100 lbs to qualify for this coupon.
By default, no customer email addresses are restricted from applying a coupon. Change this option to include or exclude specific customer email addresses.
- Include all customers
- Leave this default option enabled to not restrict the coupon to any email addresses
- Include only specific customer emails
- Select this option to restrict this coupon to apply only to Scheduled Orders for customers with email address(es) that are entered in the “Customer Emails” field.
- Exclude specific customer emails
- Select this option to restrict this coupon to only apply to Scheduled Orders for customers with email address(es) that are not entered in the “Customer Emails” field.
Coupon Usage Examples
Using Advanced Options to Match Scheduled Order Min / Max Cycles
In this example, a coupon is created to offer a discount only to Scheduled Orders that have processed at least three times (3 Cycles Minimum) and no more than five times (5 Cycles Maximum). A coupon is set up with a Minimum Cycle condition of "3" and a Max Cycle condition of 5. This will apply the coupon starting on Cycle 4 and by Cycle 6 the coupon will no longer apply to the Scheduled Order, and the coupon is removed.
Seeing the Scheduled Order Process through its cycles, the discount is applied to Orders starting after the 3rd Cycle and lasting to the 5th Cycle.
Creating a Coupon that Doesn't Apply To Autoship Products at Checkout
Yes, you can create WooCommerce coupons that do not apply to carts with Autoship Products. Remember, that WooCommerce Coupons are only applied to checkout!
- First, you will need to create or edit an existing WooCommerce coupon in WP-Admin > WooCommerce > Coupons.
- In the tab "Usage restriction", you will need to toggle the option "Disable this coupon for carts containing Autoship enabled items."
- Then finish up by selecting "Publish".