Invalid Products and Sync Issues
Table Of Contents
Identifying an Invalid Product
When a WooCommerce product is activated for Autoship but marked as "Invalid", this is an indication that a product or product variation's data in WooCommerce is not matching the product's data that is synchronized in your connected QPilot Site. In these cases, it is possible that a duplicate or invalid product exists.
For more details on how to identify an invalid or corrupted product, please see this doc: How Products Are Synchronized with WooCommerce
Products can be marked as "Invalid" for several reasons:
- Setting a simple product to a variable.
- Making changes to the WooCommerce database that result in Ids (for products) changing. This often causes duplicate products in your connected QPilot Site.
- Site Connectivity Issues that break your WooCommerce site's ability to synchronize product data.
Resolving an Invalid Product
Step 1: Update and Sync
Visit WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Product, then select "Update and Sync". This will trigger the product to sync with Autoship Cloud.
- If the sync is successful, you will see the Autoship Status is updated to "Active". Now, skip to Step 3.
- If the sync was not successful, then go to step 2.
Step 2: Editing The Product
If "Invalid" product issues persist, follow these steps:
- Edit the WooCommerce Product displaying the sync issue.
- Copy the title of the WooCommerce Product and then locate the synchronized product(s) in your connected QPilot Site by searching the title in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Products
- Edit the synchronized product (in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Products) to see which data is no longer matching. The product data that is not matching will cause the product to be "invalid".
- Ensure that the WooCommerce Product ID (for the specific product or variation) matches the QPilot Product's External ID
- If the ID's match, then use the action "Update and Sync" when editing the WooCommerce Product. This will send the updated product data to QPilot immediately
- If the ID's do not match, update the QPilot Product's External ID to match the WooCommerce Product ID and then update the WooCommerce Product.
- If the product should not be synchronized with QPilot, then delete the Product in QPilot. Then see Step 5.
- If the product is still not synchronized, there may be problems with your site connectivity, so you should run the API Health Check (found in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Settings) to see if your site is having issues that are disrupting the automatic synchronization.
In the video example below, we demonstrate how to respond to an "Invalid" product alert in WooCommerce by locating the synchronized product in QPilot. In this example, the WooCommerce Product Type is "Variation", but the Product Type in QPilot is "Variable". This issue is quickly resolved by editing and updating the product in WooCommerce.
Step 3: Check for an Invalid Product in Autoship Cloud
Once you have ensured that the product in your connected QPilot Site is correctly synced with the same product or variation in WooCommerce, you should check to ensure that there no duplicate products (which will be "invalid").
- When a product is invalid, a duplicate product in QPilot may exist and it is important that this product is reviewed to avoid processing issues.
In your WordPress Admin, you can review the products in your connected QPilot Site by visiting WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Products and then filtering the results for "Invalid".
- If an invalid product does not exist, you are all set. No further action is needed!
- If an invalid product does exist, move on to step 4.
Step 4: Removing an Invalid Product
1. First, grab the invalid product's Product/External Id in Autoship Cloud > Products.
2. Then check for any Scheduled Orders that contain the invalid product in Autoship Cloud > Reports >> Scheduled Orders by Product and then search by the Product Id or Product title (make sure to select the correct Product Id).
- If no Scheduled Orders contain the invalid product move on to Step 5.
- If Scheduled Orders do contain this product, you will need to replace the invalid product with the valid one. See this doc for how to do this: How do I replace a product on existing Scheduled Orders?
Once all Scheduled Orders are updated to contain the correct product, move on to Step 5.
Step 5: Delete the Invalid Product
You can now delete the invalid product in Autoship Cloud > Products. This can be done by selecting the trash button.