How Products Are Synchronized with WooCommerce
Autoship Cloud's hosted service, QPilot, regularly synchronizes product data with your WooCommerce store to ensure that the products you've enabled for Autoship are able to be scheduled and purchased accurately.
You can think of the product data that your connected QPilot Site creates and synchronizes as a "Product Feed" for Autoship Scheduled Orders.
How QPilot Synchronizes WooCommerce Product Data
- To synchronize data, the Autoship Cloud powered by QPilot plugin must be active and the WooCommerce site must be connected to a QPilot Merchant Account
- Get started with the Install & Launch Guide
- A Wordpress Admin uses settings added by Autoship Cloud to enable WooCommerce Simple Products and Variations for Autoship
- WooCommerce sends updated product data to QPilot:
- On Update: each time a WooCommerce Product that is enabled for Autoship is published or updated in WooCommerce
- Automatic/Daily Sync: QPilot will request updated product data from your site automatically each day
WooCommerce Product Data Synchronized with QPilot
- Product ID (Required)
- the ID of each product in WooCommerce is used to identify and keep product data in sync
- Maps to the External ID of the Product in QPilot
- Learn more about the WooCommerce Product ID
- Product Title
- Product Type
- Supported types are Simple ("Simple Product"), Variable and Variation
- Regular Price maps to Regular Price of the Product in QPilot
- Autoship Cloud also provides optional product prices to offer incentivized pricing exclusive to Autoship
- Stock Status
- If you manage stock in WooCommerce, the stock status will be updated in QPilot as well
- Shipping Class
- Product Short Description
- Product Image URL
Product Synchronization Statuses
The Autoship Cloud plugin adds indicator statuses and notifications to your WooCommerce Products so that store owners can be aware of any issues that may be disrupting product data from synchronizing.
- Activated and Synchronized
- This status indicates that the product is Activated for Autoship and continues to synchronize with QPilot successfully
- Activated and Invalid
- This status indicates that the product is Activated for Autoship but appears to contain "Invalid" data
- In most cases, you should edit and update the WooCommerce Product to see if that resolves the "Invalid" status.
- Inactive ("Not Activated for Autoship")
- This status indicates that the product has not been Activated or has been Deactivated for Autoship
- Sync Status Warning (shown below)
- This status indicates that the product has been Activated for Autoship but has not synchronized successfully with QPilot within the last 48 hours.
- In most cases, you can edit and update the WooCommerce Product to update the sync status, but you should run the API Health Check (found in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Settings) to see if your site is having issues that are disrupting the automatic synchronization.
Resolving Product Data & Synchronization Issues
If your site is displaying invalid or sync status warnings on a WooCommerce Product, you can edit and update the WooCommerce Product to attempt to update the product data and sync status immediately.
Synchronization issues can indicate problems with your site connectivity, so you should run the API Health Check (found in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Settings) to see if your site is having issues that are disrupting the automatic synchronization.
Resolving Invalid Product Data Issues
A WooCommerce product that is activated for Autoship may be marked as "Invalid". This is an indication that a product or variation's data in WooCommerce is not matching the product's data in QPilot.
How to Respond to an Invalid Product Alert
- Edit the WooCommerce Product displaying the alert
- Copy the title of the WooCommerce Product and then locate the synchronized product in QPilot by searching the title in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Products
- Edit the synchronized QPilot product to see what data is no longer matching (the "invalid" data)
- Ensure that the WooCommerce Product ID (for the specific product or variation) matches the QPilot Product's External ID
- If the ID's match, then update the WooCommerce Product. This will send the updated product data to QPilot immediately.
- If the ID's do not match, then update the QPilot Product's External ID to match the WooCommerce Product ID and then update the WooCommerce Product.
- If the product should not be synchronized with QPilot, then delete the Product in QPilot.
In the video example below, we demonstrate how to respond to an "Invalid" product alert in WooCommerce by locating the synchronized product in QPilot.
In this example, the WooCommerce Product Type is "Variation", but the Product Type in QPilot is "Variable". This issue is quickly resolved by editing and updating the product in WooCommerce.