6. Testing payments
Note: until you have activated your Online Merchant Account, no recurring Autoship Orders will be created. However, you can still test the functionality of creating Payment Integrations for Scheduled Orders.
Testing a Payment Method for Scheduled Orders
- In your Wordpress Admin, navigate to Autoship Cloud > Payment Methods
- Click the add button (displayed as “ + “ )
- Select your Payment Method Type (Stripe or Authorize.Net)
- Complete a setup for your payment gateway (see sections below before completing the next steps in this list)
- After setting up your payment integration, visit your WooCommerce store as a customer and complete a checkout with 1 or more products scheduled for a future order.
- Visit the “Scheduled Orders” page within My Account to confirm that the payment method used at checkout is displayed on each Scheduled Order
- In your Wordpress Admin, navigate to Autoship > Scheduled Orders and edit the order you placed as a customer to confirm that the payment method you created is an available option.