How Autoship Prices Work
With Autoship Cloud you can set your price independently for Autoship products in your store and for when a Scheduled Order is processed.
Autoship Checkout Price($) is the price that is offered at WooCommerce cart/checkout when a product selected for Autoship is added to the cart.
Autoship Recurring Price($) is the price that is offered for the product on recurring Scheduled Orders (when QPilot processes orders made over the WooCommerce API).
Note: both of these prices are optional to offer.
If no Autoship Checkout Price or Autoship Recurring Price is provided, the WooCommerce Regular Price for the product or variation will be used for checkout as well as recurring Scheduled Orders.
If both Autoship Checkout Price and Autoship Recurring Price are set to the same value, then the price is simply displayed as "Autoship and Save x%".
Where to Set Autoship Prices
Simple Products: Set the Autoship prices of Simple Products from the Autoship tab in the WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Product page.
Variable Products: Set the Autoship prices for variable products from the Variations tab in the WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Product page.
How Autoship Price is Displayed to Customers
The Autoship Cloud plugin will automatically calculate the % percentage savings by comparing the WooCommerce Product's Regular price to the Autoship Checkout Price.
Note: If you would like to calculate the % percentage savings for all WooCommerce Products, you can perform a bulk update of the Autoship Checkout Price within the "Utilities" tab in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Settings
This can optionally be presented within the Cart as well by enabling an option within Autoship Cloud > Settings (Additional Options)
How Autoship Prices display to an Admin in Scheduled Orders
When editing a Scheduled Order as an admin, you will see a Price and Sale Price for each product.
- Price: Refers to the WooCommerce Product's "Regular Price"
- Sale Price: Refers to the WooCommerce Product's "Autoship Recurring Price"
How Autoship Price is Displayed Inclusive of Tax
When Customers View the Product Page
When prices are displayed inclusive of tax, then the Autoship Price is also displayed on the product page inclusive of tax.
When Customers View the Cart Page
When prices are displayed inclusive of tax, then the Autoship Price is also displayed for each product in the cart inclusive of tax.
When Customers View Upcoming Scheduled Orders
Using the Native UI display option, your store can display upcoming Scheduled Orders to customers (in My Account > Scheduled Orders) with prices that are either 'entered with tax' or 'entered exclusive of tax'.
Note: The Native UI is the only display option that can support the display of prices including taxes because it uses WordPress templates to display Scheduled Orders.
How the Native UI displays prices and totals in response to the Tax options in WooCommerce ( WP-Admin > WooCommerce > Settings >> Tax tab)
- When the 'Prices entered with tax' option is set to "No, I will enter prices exclusive of tax" and the 'Display prices in the shop' option is set to "Including tax", the Native UI will adjust the displayed prices for existing Scheduled Order items, newly added Scheduled Order items, and the Subtotal and Total to include tax calculated using the WooCommerce wc_get_price_to_display() function ( see https://docs.woocommerce.com/wc-apidocs/function-wc_get_price_to_display.html ).
- When the 'Prices entered with tax' option is set to "Yes, I will enter prices inclusive of tax" and the 'Display prices in the shop' option is set to "Excluding tax", the Native UI will adjust the displayed prices for existing Scheduled Order items, newly added Scheduled Order items, and the Subtotal and Total to exclude tax calculated using the woocommerce wc_get_price_to_display() function ( see https://docs.woocommerce.com/wc-apidocs/function-wc_get_price_to_display.html )
- When the 'Display prices in the shop option' is set to "Including tax" the "Tax" label in the totals section of the Scheduled Order will change to "Additional Tax & Fees". This is because the prices and totals already include the tax and there may be additional tax ( i.e. shipping tax ) and/or fees added when the Scheduled Order is ultimately processed.