How Autoship Prices Work
Table Of Contents
- How Autoship Prices Work
- Where to Set Autoship Prices
- How Autoship Price is Displayed to Customers
- How Autoship Prices Display to an Admin in Scheduled Orders
How Autoship Prices Work
As a merchant, you have the option to set prices for products enabled for Autoship for customers at Checkout as well as for Recurring Autoship Orders.
- Autoship Checkout Price($) is the price that is offered at WooCommerce cart/checkout when a product selected for Autoship is added to the cart.
- Autoship Recurring Price($) is the price that is offered for the product on recurring Scheduled Orders (when QPilot processes orders made over the WooCommerce API).
Both of these prices are optional to offer.
- If no Autoship Checkout Price or Autoship Recurring Price is provided, the WooCommerce Regular Price for the product or variation will be used for checkout as well as recurring Scheduled Orders.
- If both Autoship Checkout Price and Autoship Recurring Price are set to the same value, then the price is simply displayed as "Autoship and Save x%".
To learn more about Product Pricing see here: Product Prices
Where to Set Autoship Prices
Simple Products: Set the Autoship prices of Simple Products from the Autoship tab in the WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Product page.
Variable Products: Set the Autoship prices for variable products from the Variations tab in the WP-Admin > Products >> Edit Product page.
What Happens If I Update My Product Prices?
When you update Regular, Sale, or Autoship Checkout/Recurring product pricing in WP-Admin > Products, these changes will only affect new Scheduled Orders by default.
If you want to update existing Scheduled Order pricing, you can learn more here: How can I update product prices for existing Scheduled Orders?
How Autoship Price is Displayed to Customers
Note: If you would like to calculate the % percentage of savings for all WooCommerce Products, you can perform a bulk update of the Autoship Checkout Price within the "Utilities" tab in WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Settings.
Prices set when editing a product:
The price display on the product page:
Protip! Showing Autoship options can optionally be presented within the Cart by enabling an option within Autoship Cloud > Settings (Additional Options). As shown below.
How Autoship Prices Display to an Admin in Scheduled Orders
- Price: Refers to the WooCommerce Product's "Regular Price"
- Sale Price: Refers to the WooCommerce Product's "Autoship Recurring Price"