[WooCommerce] How do I fix a shipping class issue?
Shipping classes can be a very useful tool to group products of a similar type and provide different shipping rates to different classes of products, however, some sites can experience issues with shipping classes including:
- Not being aware that WooCommerce products are using shipping classes
- Using product shipping classes for reasons other than the purpose of applying different shipping rates
- Changing product shipping classes without changing the shipping rates they are already applied to
When To Use Shipping Classes in Autoship Cloud's Shipping Rates:
When shipping classes are being used for your WooCommerce products, you need to ensure that each shipping class has at least one matching shipping rate in Autoship Cloud ( WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Shipping Rates ). If none of your WooCommerce Products use shipping classes, then you are not using shipping classes in WooCommerce and should not include any value for shipping classes in Autoship Cloud's Shipping Rates.
How To Know If You Are Experiencing an Error Related to Product Shipping Classes
If a Scheduled Order is displaying a validation or processing error that states "1002: No Shipping Rate Found" or "1002: No Shipping Rate For Shipping Class", then the issue may be related to how shipping classes are being applied to your Shipping Rates in Autoship Cloud.
Helpful Resources for Shipping Classes and Shipping Rates
- This article covers how to identify a shipping class issue and resolve it.
- Learn more about configuring Shipping Rates in Autoship Cloud that use shipping classes here: Product Shipping Classes.
- Learn more about Shipping Rates in Autoship Cloud here: Managing Shipping Rates
Resolving Shipping Class Issues: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Step 1: Determine if your site uses shipping classes
- Step 2: Review your Autoship Cloud shipping rates
- Step 3: Apply the correct shipping rate to your Scheduled Order
Step 1: Determine if your site uses shipping classes
A. Identify what shipping class you have added
In your WordPress Admin, navigate to WP-Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping classes. If your WooCommerce Site contains any shipping classes, they will all be listed here.
Shown above: An example of a WooCommerce store that contains shipping classes
Shown above: An example of a WooCommerce store that does not use shipping classes
B. How to confirm products are using shipping classes
If your WooCommerce store does contain shipping classes, you should check to see if any of these shipping classes are being used by your WooCommerce Products. In your WordPress Admin, navigate to WP-Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping classes.
Each shipping class will display the "slug", the "description" and also list how many products are using each shipping class in the "Product count" column.
Selecting any Product count value will show you a list of all products currently using the shipping class (in WP-Admin > Products).
Step 2: Review your Autoship Cloud shipping rates
Now that you have verified whether shipping classes are (or are not) being used in your WooCommerce store, you need to ensure your shipping rates in Autoship Cloud > Shipping Rates are correct.
In the example below, there are two shipping rates: one shipping rate has no shipping class, and the other has a shipping class condition.
- The shipping rate with no shipping class can be applied to any Scheduled Order that contains products with no shipping class.
- The shipping rate with a shipping class ("special-packaging") can only be applied to Scheduled Orders containing products that have this shipping class.
Creating or Updating A Shipping Rate to Use a Product Shipping Class:
To update a shipping rate in Autoship Cloud > Shipping Rates to use a shipping class, please visit our help guide for Product Shipping Classes and navigate to the section titled "Creating a Shipping Rate for a Shipping Class".
Note: If the same shipping class should be applied to more than one shipping rate, you will need to create additional (separate) shipping rates for the same shipping class. See an example of what this looks like (below):
Shown Above: An example of multiple shipping rates for the same shipping class "special-packaging"
Not Using Shipping Classes:
If your WooComemrce Store does not have any products that use shipping classes, then no shipping rates in Autoship Cloud should contain a shipping class value.
When viewing your Shipping Rates in Autoship Cloud, you can quickly check for this under the "Class" column in Autoship Cloud > Shipping Rates as pictured (below).
Shown Above: An example of multiple shipping rates with no shipping class
Step 3: Applying the Correct Shipping Rate to your Scheduled Order
Now that you have ensured your shipping rates in Autoship Cloud are set up correctly with shipping classes, you can troubleshoot any Scheduled Order(s) that are showing a validation or processing error that states "1002: No Shipping Rate Found" or "1002: No Shipping Rate For Shipping Class".
- View the Scheduled Order in Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders > View/Edit.
- Verify or update the shipping rate applied to the Scheduled Order. '
- Once the desired shipping rate is selected, save your changes by selecting "Update".
- Check the validations section (at the top) and ensure that the "Shipping Rate set" is checked successfully.