Table Of Contents
- Payment Integrations
- What If I Have Multiple Payment Integrations?
- Other Payment Gateways
There are a lot of possible configurations for payments and payment integrations with Autoship Cloud. The most popular payment gateways in WooCommerce: Stripe, Authorize.Net CIM, PayPal Express Checkout, Braintree, and NMI are pre-configured to work with Autoship Cloud, but do need to be setup and tested.
One unique ability of integration with Autoship Cloud is that payment gateways integrate via WooCommerce checkout or directly between Autoship Cloud and your payment gateway!
Note: some customers & developers do not require payments for the creation of Scheduled Orders – instead of handling payments via 3rd party fulfillment and/or invoicing workflow. If this is something you are interested in for your marketing please contact us and we can help you configure payments directly!
Setting up and testing Payments
- To test this feature, you must first connect and register your test or staging site with your online Merchant Site by setting up the Autoship Cloud plugin.
- Login to your site's WordPress Admin
- Find the "Autoship" section in the WordPress Admin menu
- Select “Payment Integrations”
- Click the add button (displayed as “ + “ )
- Select your Payment Gateway
- See your Payment Gateway section below before completing setup of your payment gateway and the next steps in this list.
- After setting up your payment gateway, visit your WooCommerce store as a customer and complete a checkout with 1 or more products scheduled for a future order.
- Visit the “Scheduled Orders” page within My Account to confirm that the payment method used at checkout is displayed on each Scheduled Order
What If I Have Multiple Payment Integrations?
If you have more than 1 payment gateway enabled on your site, there are a few options to consider.
Option 1: All of your active payment gateways are supported by Autoship Cloud
If all of your active payment gateways are supported by Autoship Cloud, then you can continue offering these payment methods to all of your customers, regardless if they are paying for Autoship Scheduled Orders.
Option 2: None of your active payment gateways are supported by Autoship Cloud
If none of your active payment gateways are supported by Autoship Cloud, you may consider adding a payment gateway this is already supported, or getting in touch with our customer success team about developing an integration that supports your payment gateway.
Option 3: Only some of your active payment gateways are supported by Autoship Cloud
If not all, or only some, of your active payment gateways are supported by Autoship Cloud, then it is possible to only display the supported payment gateway(s) at checkout on the condition that the customer has 1 or more products selected for Autoship in their cart.
This way, your customers can continue to make one-time product purchases and/or purchase products selected for Autoship without disrupting their checkout experience!
Solution: See the following link that includes a code example that can be tested & added to your WooCommerce site: Only Display Supported Payment Gateways at Checkout
Other Payment Gateways
If you want to use your payment gateway with Autoship Cloud and it is not currently included as one of our supported Payment Gateway Integrations and another option won't work for your business, the QPilot team may be able to develop an integration for your payment gateway.
- If you're interested in having us develop an integration for you, please get in touch with us (select the "Contact" link in our main menu) so we can review your payment gateway and requirements.
- You should also consider the following when considering if your payment gateway can be supported and integrated to work with Autoship Cloud:
1. Does Your Payment Gateway Currently Integrate with WooCommerce?
It's important that your payment gateway already offers a plugin that integrates with WooCommerce and offers features that are important to Autoship like securely saving payment methods for customers at Checkout and via My Account > Payment Methods.
You can learn more about the WooCommerce features that are important for Autoship Cloud as well as the way Autoship Cloud's hosted service, QPilot, integrates directly with payment gateways here: How Payments Work with Autoship Cloud
2. Other Things to Consider When Requesting a Payment Integration:
- Payment Gateway plugins that are offered through WooCommerce.com may be more dependable when it comes to support and updates.
- Clear and detailed API Documentation for your payment gateway must be able to be reviewed by the QPilot team in order to determine whether it is possible for Autoship Cloud's hosted service, QPilot, to integrate directly with your payment gateway to for processing Autoship Scheduled Orders.