Required for this integration:
- Valid SSL installed for your site
- TrustCommerce account
- TrustCommerce TC Citadel (for using saved cards) enabled on your TC Account
- WooCommerce TrustCommerce gateway plugin download and view documentation here.
- Working checkout able to process and save Trustcommerce payment methods: Learn more about how to setup and configure the plugin settings here.
- Tokenization - This gateway tokenizes payment methods in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to create and pay for recurring orders automatically. In TrustCommerce, this feature is known as the "TC Citadel"
- Authorize Only - This type of transaction is supported for Autoship Cloud.
Not Supported by Autoship Cloud
- Check Payments are not a supported payment method type for Autoship Cloud Scheduled Orders
Setup TrustCommerce Saved Payment Methods
To do this, navigate (in your WP-Admin) to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > TrustCommerce (either at the top of the page where all the plugins are listed as text or at the bottom where the enabled/disabled gateways are displayed).
Once there, you will need to ensure that "Tokenization" is enabled by enabling the setting "Save Customers to TC Citadel®:"
Setting up TrustCommerce gateway with Autoship Cloud
Use the TrustCommerce API Merchant Id, Public, and Private Key entered into WooCommerce above and follow the steps in outlined in our doc here to start testing quickly.
You are now ready to test Checkout and Scheduled Orders with Autoship Cloud.
Required Fields for TrustCommerce Payments
Payment methods saved with TrustCommerce TC Citadel use one unique payment ID to reference a saved payment method that belongs to the customer.
When a saved payment method is created via WooCommerce Checkout or within My Account, this unique ID is applied in the GatewayCustomerId field of payment methods on Scheduled Orders for recurring billing.
- GatewayCustomerId: Required
- Example Value: T48Y9W
The other payment field available to payment methods on Scheduled Orders, GatewayPaymentId, should always be left null (or "empty")
- GatewayPaymentId: Null
Along with other billing fields, like Name and Address, the GatewayCustomerId can be used to add new payment methods when Editing Scheduled Orders.
Customer updated their saved payment method's billing address?
When a customer updates their billing address on payment methods saved to TrustCommerce, it is recommended they create a new payment method in My Account > Payment Methods after updating their Billing Address in My Account > Addresses.
You can learn more about this process here: How Customers Update Their Billing Address