[WooCommerce] How to Add Payment Methods in Square
How to Manually Add a Saved Payment Method to a Scheduled Order with Square
Need to manually add a payment to a Scheduled Order for a customer who has already saved a Credit Card in their account? If a customer has already saved a credit card (via Square Payments) at checkout or by logging into your site ( My Account > Payment Methods) the tokenized payment ID's will be saved to their User in WordPress (WP-Admin > Users).
First, locate the saved payment method in WordPress:
- As an administrator, visit WP-Admin > Users
- Edit the user for the customer that owns the saved payment method
- Locate the "Square Payment Tokens" section
- Note the "Token ID" and "Customer ID". You will be using these fields in the next steps.
Second, add the payment method to the Customer in Autoship Cloud:
- Visit WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Customers
- Search the name or email address to locate the Customer
- Select the option to "Edit"
- Locate the "Payment Methods" section and select the "ADD" action.
- For the "Payment Method Type" option, select "Square"
- Fill in fields with information copied from the Wordpress User's Square Payment Tokens (from the previous step):
- Gateway Customer ID => Square Payment Tokens: Customer ID
- Gateway Payment ID => Square Payment Tokens: Credit Card (Square) ID
- Payment Method Description => Card type, last four digits of card number of expiration copied from Payment Profile fields
- Example Description: Visa Ending in 4422 (Expires 11/24)
- Billing Address Fields => Copy these fields (First Name, Last Name, Billing Street 1, etc) directly from the Billing Address of the WordPress User
- Select "Add" to save the payment method
- Confirm your change for this Customer by selecting "Update"
Last step, edit the Scheduled Order's Payment Method:
- Visit WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders
- Search the name or email address to locate the Customer's Scheduled Order(s)
- Pro Tip: if the Scheduled Order recently failed to process a payment, it will have a status of "Failed"
- Select the option to "Edit" the Scheduled Order
- At the bottom section of the Scheduled Order, locate the "Payment Method" option and select the Payment Method you want to apply to the Scheduled Order
- Review the Scheduled Order:
- Make sure to set the Scheduled Order's Status to "Active" if you want it to process automatically on the Next Occurrence Date
- Confirm your changes for the Scheduled Order by selecting "Update"
If you need to process the Scheduled Order right away, select the action for Continue Processing or Process Now.