Customer Email Notifications
Customer Email Notifications for Scheduled Orders can be enabled for each site within your QPilot Merchant Account (https://merchants.QPilot.cloud).
You may edit your Customer Notifications and Email Templates to customize their look and content by navigating to your QPilot Merchant Dashboard > Site Settings > Customer Notifications >> Email Templates tab.
Email Delivery Address
The sender email address you want to appear when sending emails. Leaving this blank will default to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Important notes about using your own email address:
- You should not use "no-reply" addresses. They hurt reputation over email servers and can result in emails being flagged as Spam.
- To ensure proper email authentication, you should configure the following SPF records in your DNS Server:v=spf1 include:sendgrid.net ~all
Please refer to https://sendgrid.com/docs/glossary/spf/for more information
Email Style Settings
Customize the look of your templates. Add a logo url and change styling.
- Container Background Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The background color of the email body
- Logo Image (url)
- The unique url for your hosted image of your company logo
- Enter a secure url for your image to avoid issues with email delivery. For example: "https://mysite.com/images/my-logo.png"
- Logo Background Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The background color displayed behind the logo image.
- Content Table Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The color of the border lines wrapping the email content
- Banner Background Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The background color of the banner area
- Banner Font Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The font color of the banner area
- Details Table Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The color of the border lines throughout the Scheduled Order Details table
- Details Table Font Color (rgba/hsla/hexadecimal)
- The font color of the text within the Scheduled Order Details table
All Customer Notification Emails are sent using the Email Style Settings, however you can further customize each of the different types of notifications in the following ways:
- Email Subject (Required)
- The subject displayed for all notification emails
- Example: “Notice: Your Order is Processing Soon!”
- Banner Text
- The large text displayed within the top of the email template that describes the purpose of the Notification.
- Example: “Oops! There was an Error Processing Your Payment”
- Before Content Text
- The content displayed before the Scheduled Order Details table
- Default content is provided for this area that displays a greeting to your customer as well as instructions to help customers review and update their Scheduled Order.
- After Content Text
- The content displayed after the Scheduled Order Details table
- No default content is provided for this area
Upcoming Scheduled Orders
- Enable Scheduled Order 1-day Email
- Enable to notify your customers about upcoming Scheduled Orders 1 day before the Next Occurrence Date.
- Enable Scheduled Order 2-day Email
- Enable to notify your customers about upcoming Scheduled Orders 2 days before the Next Occurrence Date.
- Enable Scheduled Order 10-day Email
- Enable to notify your customers about upcoming Scheduled Orders 10 days before the Next Occurrence Date.
Lock Notification Emails
- Enable to n
otify your customers how long they have to make changes to upcoming Scheduled Orders. Note: your site must define a "Lock Window" in order to use this notification.
Lock Window Notification
- How many days prior to lock window will customers be notified.
- Leaving this value blank will disable this notification
Scheduled Order Errors
Scheduled Order Error emails notify your customers of an error with their Scheduled Order and help them to review and update their Scheduled Order.
- "Empty Scheduled Order"
- Enable to notify the customer when their Scheduled Order has no items
- "No Items To Ship"
- Enable to notify the customer when their Scheduled Order has items, but none of the products on the Scheduled Order are "In Stock".
- Products within a Scheduled Order that are not enabled for “Process Scheduled Order” are also treated as "Out of Stock".
- "Payment Method null"
- Enable to notify the customer when they have not selected a payment method for their Scheduled Order
- "Payment Failed"
- Enable to notify the customer when their selected payment method did not process successfully. For example, their credit card was declined, expired or is out of funds.
- Send a BCC of Error Emails
- Enable this option to set an email address that will be BCC’d when any Scheduled Order Error email is sent.
- If enabled and left blank, the contact email for the QPilot Site will be used.
Footer Example: Using "After Content Text" area for business information
You can use this area as a business information footer right out of the box. You will want to apply the "footer information" to the "After Content Text" area on all your email templates. See the example (below) to see how this would look