How is Autoship Cloud different from WC Autoship?
There are many similarities between WC Autoship and Autoship Cloud.
Here are the key differences to consider whether Autoship Cloud will work well for your store that is currently running WC Autoship:
- Customer experience: very similar, but improved significantly in terms of the default display and performance. Place a test order on a live demo store to see what this looks like to customers.
- Shipping: shipping rates are setup exclusively for Autoship so that shipping rates are automatically applied only to Autoship orders (customers do not select shipping rates for Autoship Orders) -- these are similar to Table Rates and can be imported via CSV if you have a large set of rules
- Coupons: like shipping rates, coupons are setup exclusively for Autoship so they automatically apply only to Autoship orders -- this means you can offer coupons at checkout that will not override discounts offered to Autoship customers on future orders
- Frequencies: Autoship Cloud enables more frequency types beyond # of days including: # of Weeks, Day of Week, Months, Day of Month.
- Payments: very similar, except with Autoship Cloud you are able to use the most popular WooCommerce payment plugins that integrate Authorize.net CIM, Braintree, PayPal Checkout (now with smart buttons) and Stripe. Upgrading stores should review our payments documentation to make sure you are moving on to the WooCommerce Payment Plugin that works with Autoship Cloud.