Shipping Addresses for Scheduled Orders
Table Of Contents
- Shipping Address at Checkout Used By Default
- How Customers Update Shipping Addresses for Scheduled Orders
- Use Multiple Unique Shipping Addresses on Scheduled Orders
- How Merchants Update Shipping Addresses for Scheduled Orders
- Saved Shipping Addresses
Shipping Address at Checkout Used By Default
The default shipping address for a Customer's Scheduled Order will be the shipping address they enter at checkout.
This means that if a Customer has scheduled any products for Autoship at checkout, their resulting Scheduled Order(s) will use the Shipping Address they entered at checkout.
How Customers Update Shipping Addresses for Scheduled Orders
WooCommerce enables Customers to update their Shipping Address by logging into My Account > Addresses.
Autoship Cloud extends the WooCommerce customer experience in My Account > Addresses to make it easy for Customers with Scheduled Orders to apply changes made to their Shipping Address to their existing Scheduled Orders.
Customers can quickly do this in 3 steps:
- Login to My Account and select Addresses
- Edit the Shipping Address
- When saving the new Shipping Address, Customers are shown an option to "Update the Shipping Address for All My Scheduled Orders (optional)"
At any time, Customers can also select an action displayed on the My Account > Addresses page to "Click here to update your shipping address on all Scheduled Orders".
This action will apply the current Shipping Address to all of their existing Scheduled Orders even if they are not editing the Shipping Address.
Use Multiple Unique Shipping Addresses on Scheduled Orders
2 of the options for displaying Scheduled Orders to customers in My Account enable the entry of shipping addresses that are unique to each Scheduled Order.
- Native UI Display
- The most customizable display option because it uses Wordpress Templates that are "native" to your site
- Embedded Display
- Web Application embedded in My Account > Scheduled Orders via iframe
Using one of these display options, your Autoship Customers will be able to edit the Shipping Address for each Scheduled Order they have.
Example: Native UI Display
In this screen capture, the Autoship Customer logs into My Account > Scheduled Orders and selects the option to "Update Shipping Address".
A template displays an address form to change the shipping address that can be confirmed when the Customer selects "Update Shipping Address".
Example: Embedded Display
In this screen capture, the Autoship Customer logs into My Account > Scheduled Orders to locate an upcoming Scheduled Order in order to change the shipping address.
Once entered, the change is highlighted so they know to confirm the changed Shipping Address by selecting "Update".
How Merchants Update Shipping Addresses for Scheduled Orders
Merchants and Wordpress Administrators can manage every aspect of a Scheduled Order at any time on behalf of their Customers by visiting WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders -- then editing the Scheduled Order they would like to update.
Merchants can choose to enter a shipping address for the Scheduled Order or select a saved shipping address for the Scheduled Order.
Example: In the example below, a Merchant enters a shipping address for the Scheduled Order.
Saved Shipping Addresses
Saving a shipping address enables quick selection of a specific shipping address that has been saved by the Merchant to their connected QPilot Site.
In many cases, saved shipping addresses will match with specific shipping rates (shipping rates that are exclusively available to that address location). For example, the shipping address of a physical store location for local pickup.
Merchants will create a saved shipping address(es) for their connected QPilot Site from their Merchant Account under the "Shipping Addresses" tab of the Merchant Dashboard. After creating a Shipping Address it is available to be selected by the merchant when Editing Scheduled Orders.
How To Create A Saved Shipping Address
- Go to your QPilot Merchant Dashboard (QPilot > Sites > Shipping Addresses)
- Select "+" to Create a Shipping Address
- Enter the "Name" the Selectable Address to display when editing Scheduled Orders
- Fill the rest of address fields for the location you want to save and select "Create"
- If a Saved Shipping Address needs to be updated, select the "Edit" icon to the right of the Shipping Address and update the Shipping Address with the needed fields
Pro Tip: Use the most specific address possible (for example a location's 9-digit postal code vs its 5-digit postal code) to help ensure your saved Shipping Address is unique!
Example: In the example below the Merchant creates a Saved Shipping Address from their QPilot Merchant Dashboard
Applying a Saved Shipping Address to a Scheduled Order:
- Go to WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders and edit a Scheduled Order
- Select the tab "Select A Saved Address"
- Select the Saved Shipping Address you want to apply to the Scheduled Order
- Update the Scheduled Order
Example: The example below shows how a merchant would apply a Saved Shipping Address to a Scheduled Order
Example: Using a Saved Shipping Address for Unique Shipping Rate Options
In the example below, the Merchant uses a Saved Shipping Address that matches with unique Shipping Rates created for local Customers.