Customer email notifications
Optional email notifications for Scheduled Orders can be enabled within the QPilot Merchant account (https://merchants.QPilot.cloud).
These email notifications can be enabled for the following options:
- Upcoming Scheduled Orders:
- 1-day Email: send email one day before the Scheduled Order next occurrence date
- 2-day Email: send email two days before the Scheduled Order next occurrence date
- 10-day Email: send email three days before the Scheduled Order next occurrence date
- Scheduled Order Error:
- Error Email: send email when a Scheduled Order is not able to successfully process
To enable an email notification for your site, login your QPilot Merchant account, locate your site from the "Sites" page and select "edit" from the Site Menu to locate the "Emails" tab:
Sender "from" email address
By default, all email notifications are sent from the sender address firstname.lastname@example.org.
This can be changed to be sent from the email address of your store in just a few steps
To change the email address that notifications are sent from, login your QPilot Merchant account, locate your site from the "Sites" page and select "edit" from the Site Menu to locate the "Emails" tab.
Enter the email address of your choosing into the "Email delivery address" field.
Important: Verify the domain that your email is sent from with QPilot's email delivery service. QPilot uses the email delivery service SendGrid to ensure high email deliverability and simplify domain verification.
Verifying your domain has multiple benefits including:
- Improved email deliverability (reduced spam filtering)
- Increasing your domain's email reputation with email servers
Verifying your domain and best practice for email deliverability:
- You should not use "no-reply" addresses. These email addresses will hurt your domain's reputation over email servers and can result in emails being flagged as Spam.
- To ensure proper email authentication, you should configure the following SPF records in your DNS Server:
v=spf1 include:sendgrid.net ~all
Please refer to https://sendgrid.com/docs/glossary/spf/ for more information
Notification email templates
Email notifications include a basic styling and layout to display important information about Scheduled Orders.
Below are are examples of the default appearance of email notifications:
NOTE: Currently, basic changes to the styling of the email notifications (including colors, logo and added text) can be made by the QPilot team on request by the site owner.