Customer email notifications
Customer email notifications for Scheduled Orders can be enabled for each site within the QPilot Merchant Account (https://merchants.QPilot.cloud).
You can locate the settings to enable each type of customer email notification by logging into your QPilot Merchant Account, selecting the "Edit Site" option (three dot icon displayed on the site card) and then selecting the "Customer Emails " tab.
Email Delivery Address: Send Email From Your Domain
By default, all email notifications are sent from the QPilot's email notification address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Add your company or customer support email address to replace the default QPilot email address in just a few steps:
- To change the email address that notifications are sent from, login to your QPilot Merchant Account, locate your site from the "Sites" page and select "Edit Site" from the Site Menu to locate the "Emails" tab.
- Enter the email address for your company or customer support into the "Email delivery address" field.
Important: Verify the domain that your email is sent from with QPilot's email delivery service. QPilot uses the email delivery service SendGrid to ensure high email deliverability and simplify domain verification.
Verifying your domain has multiple benefits including:
- Improved email deliverability (reduced spam filtering)
- Increasing your domain's email reputation with email servers
How to verify your domain and apply the best practice for email deliverability:
- You should not use "no-reply" addresses. These email addresses will hurt your domain's reputation over email servers and can result in emails being flagged as Spam.
- To ensure proper email authentication, you should configure the following SPF records in your DNS Server:
v=spf1 include:sendgrid.net ~all
- Please refer to https://sendgrid.com/docs/glossary/spf/ for more information
Scheduled Order Error Notifications
Scheduled Order Error notifications are emails that are sent to your customers automatically when their Scheduled Order fails to process. These are known as Processing Errors.
The types of Scheduled Order Errors that you can choose to automatically notify your customers about include:
- "Empty Scheduled Order" Error Emails
- "No Items To Ship" Error Emails
- "Payment Method Null" Error Emails
- "Payment Failed" Error Emails
Error Notifications BCC Email Address
Merchants can also choose to include an email address to be privately copied (BCC) when any customer error notification email is automatically sent.
To add a BCC Email address, edit your QPilot Site, select the Customer Emails tab and enable the option to "Send a BCC of Error Emails".
- If the option is enabled, your site contact email will be used as the BCC email address
- Add an email address here to BCC a unique email address
Upcoming Scheduled Order Notifications
Upcoming Scheduled Order notifications are emails that are sent to your customers automatically when their Scheduled Orders are about to process.
The types of Upcoming Scheduled Order Error notifications that you can choose to automatically notify your customers about include:
- Scheduled Order 1-day Emails
- Send an email one day before each Scheduled Order's next occurrence date
- Scheduled Order 2-day Emails
- Send an email two days before each Scheduled Order's next occurrence date
- Scheduled Order 10-day Emails
- Send an email ten days before each Scheduled Order's next occurrence date
QPilot Customer Notification Email Templates
Email notifications include a basic styling and layout to display important information about Scheduled Orders.
Scheduled Order Error Notification Email Template:
Upcoming Scheduled Order Notification Basic Template:
NOTE: Currently, basic changes to the styling of the email notifications (including colors, logo and adding custom text or links) can be made by the QPilot team on request by the site owner.
Custom text can be inserted above or below the Scheduled Order data table that displays the details of the Scheduled Order within the email template.