Required for this integration:
- A Braintree Merchant Account
- WooCommerce PayPal Powered Braintree payments plugin download here.
- This plugin is used to enable Credit Card payment methods and/or PayPal payment methods.
- A Braintree Sandbox Account (only required to run test payments)
- Credit Card powered by Braintree: This plugin tokenizes payments in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to work with saved Credit Cards as payment methods for future & recurring orders.
- PayPal Powered by Braintree: This plugin tokenizes payments in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to work with saving PayPal as a payment method for future & recurring orders.
- "Buy Now on Product Pages": this setting bypasses the ability to add a product to the cart with Autoship Options selected.
- "Apple Pay" as a saved payment method has not been tested to work as a saved payment method for Scheduled Orders.
Setting up Braintree payments with WooCommerce
Once you have installed and activated the Braintree Payments plugin, you will need to enter your Braintree Sandbox API credentials into the plugin before you can start using it.
To do this, navigate (in your WP Admin) to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Braintree Credit Card (either at the top of the page where all the plugins are listed as text, or at the bottom where the enabled/disabled gateways are displayed).
Once there, click "Enter Connection Credentials Manually", and fill in the Sandbox Private Key/Public Key/Merchant ID fields with the values provided by your Braintree Sandbox account.
You will also need to ensure that "Allow customers to securely save their payment details for future checkout" is enabled under "Tokenization, as this is required for Autoship Cloud to create future orders.
Once these have been set, click "Save changes", and complete a checkout from your store to ensure that Braintree is working.
Enabling PayPal Payments
Navigate (in your WP Admin) to Woocommerce > Settings > Checkout > Braintree Paypal Payments (either at the top of the page where all the plugins are listed as text, or at the bottom where the enabled/disabled gateways are displayed).
Once there, select "Enter Connection Credentials Manually", and check "Use connection/authentication settings from other gateway".
You will also need to ensure that Tokenization is enabled for this gateway.
Once these have been set, select "Save changes", and test by completing a checkout from your store (as a customer) to ensure that Braintree PayPal Payments is working.
Setting up Braintree Payments with Autoship Cloud
Once you have ensured that the payment gateway can successfully process a checkout and save a payment method in your store, you'll need to create a payment integration inside of Autoship Cloud.
To do this, navigate in your WP Admin to Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Once there, click on the blue circle with the "+" sign in it to create a new payment integration. You should see the following screen:
Make sure that "Test Mode" is enabled, click the "Payment Method Type" dropdown and select "Braintree", enter the API credentials from the previous section in the appropriate fields.
When you're done, select "CREATE".
You should now see a new payment integration in your Payment Integrations list!
Testing Braintree Payments with Autoship Cloud in Test Mode
Before using a payment gateway in Live Mode, it is necessary to ensure that it works in Test Mode (sometimes referred to as Sandbox Mode).
To do this:
1. Visit your store as a customer (make sure you are logged out as WP Admin)
2. Add a product selected for Autoship to your cart.
3. Complete a checkout using Braintree Credit Card Payments as the payment method, using sandbox credit card info, and filling in the "Create Password" field (this should be required).
4. Verify that the order has successfully processed.
5. As the same customer, visit My Account > Scheduled Orders, and verify that you have a Scheduled Order created, and that the product(s), schedule frequency and payment method are correct.
6. Log back into your site as a Wordpress Admin (WP-Admin), navigate to Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders, and verify that the newly created Scheduled Order is present.
7. Repeat steps 2 - 6 using Braintree Paypal as the payment method.
Once you have successfully completed an WooCommerce checkout and verified that a Scheduled Order was created and the test payment method was saved, you are ready to enter Live Mode (in which actual charges will be created).
To do this you will need:
1. A "Live" Braintree Merchant account.
2. Navigate to WP Admin > Woocommerce > Settings >> Payments >>> Braintree (Credit Card) and change the "Environment" setting to "Production". Enter the API credentials from your Live Braintree account.
3. Navigate to WP Admin > Woocommerce > Settings >> Payments >>> Braintree (PayPal), and change the "Environment" setting to "Production". Enter the API credentials from your Live Braintree PayPal account.
3. Navigate to WP Admin > Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Select the "edit" (pencil) button at the right end of the record for your Braintree integration. Disable the option for "Test Mode", and select "Save".
You are now ready to test Checkout and Scheduled Orders with Autoship Cloud.