Required for this integration:
- Credit Card powered by Braintree: This plugin tokenizes payments in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to create future orders
- PayPal Powered by Braintree: This plugin tokenizes payments in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to create future orders
- Braintree (PayPal): Buy Now on Product Pages: this setting bypasses the ability to add a product to the cart with Autoship Options selected.
Setting up Braintree payments with WooCommerce
Once you have installed and activated the Braintree Payments plugin, you will need to enter your Braintree Sandbox API credentials into the plugin before you can start using it.
To do this, navigate (in your WP Admin) to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Braintree Credit Card (either at the top of the page where all the plugins are listed as text, or at the bottom where the enabled/disabled gateways are displayed).
Once there, click "Enter Connection Credentials Manually", and fill in the Sandbox Private Key/Public Key/Merchant ID fields with the values provided by your Braintree Sandbox account.
You will also need to ensure that "Allow customers to securely save their payment details for future checkout" is enabled under "Tokenization, as this is required for Autoship Cloud to create future orders.
Once these have been set, click "Save changes", and complete a checkout from your store to ensure that Braintree is working.
To enable Braintree Paypal Payments,
Navigate (in your WP Admin) to Woocommerce > Settings > Checkout > Braintree Paypal Payments (either at the top of the page where all the plugins are listed as text, or at the bottom where the enabled/disabled gateways are displayed).
Once there, click "Enter Connection Credentials Manually", and check "Use connection/authentication settings from other gateway".
You will also need to ensure that Tokenization is enabled for this gateway.
Once these have been set, click "Save changes", and complete a checkout from your store to ensure that Braintree Paypal Payments is working.
Setting up Braintree Payments with Autoship Cloud
Once you have ensured that the payment gateway can successfully process a checkout and save a payment method in your store, you'll need to create a payment integration inside of Autoship Cloud.
To do this, navigate in your WP Admin to Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Once there, click on the blue circle with the "+" sign in it to create a new payment integration. You should see the following screen:
Make sure that "Test Mode" is enabled, click the "Payment Method Type" dropdown and select "Braintree", enter the API credentials from the previous section in the appropriate fields.
When you're done, click "CREATE".
You should now see a new payment integration in your Payment Integrations list.
Testing Braintree Payments with Autoship Cloud in Test Mode
Before using a payment gateway in Live Mode, it is necessary to ensure that it works in Test Mode (sometimes referred to as Sandbox Mode).
To do this:
1. Visit your store as a customer (make sure you are logged out as WP Admin)
2. Put an Autoship enabled item in your cart.
3. Complete a checkout using Braintree Credit Card Payments as the payment method, using sandbox credit card info, and filling in the "Create Password" field (this should be required).
4. Verify that the order has successfully processed.
5. As the same customer, visit My Account > Autoship Schedules, and verify that you have a schedule created, and that the schedule items and frequency are correct.
6. Log back into your site as WP Admin, navigate to Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders, and verify that the newly created schedule is present in your list of Scheduled Orders.
7. Repeat steps 2 - 6 using Braintree Paypal as the payment method.
Once you have successfully completed an Autoship Cloud checkout and verified that a Scheduled Order was created and the payment method was saved, you are ready to enter Live Mode (in which actual charges will be created).
To do this you will need to:
1. Create a Live Paypal Braintree account.
2. Navigate to WP Admin > Woocommerce > Settings > Checkout > Braintree Credit Card Payments, and change the "Environment" setting to "Production". Enter the API credentials from your new Live Paypal account.
3. Navigate to WP Admin > Woocommerce > Settings > Checkout > Braintree Credit Paypal Payments, and change the "Environment" setting to "Production". Enter the API credentials from your new Live Paypal account.
3. Navigate to WP Admin > Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Click the pencil icon at the right end of the record for your Stripe integration to edit. Uncheck the box for "Test Mode", and click "Save".
You are now ready to test Checkout and Scheduled Orders with Autoship Cloud.