Required for this integration:
- A Braintree Merchant Account
- WooCommerce PayPal Powered Braintree payments plugin download and view documentation here.
- This plugin is used to enable Credit Card payment methods and/or PayPal payment methods.
- Working checkout able to process and save Braintree payment methods.
- A Braintree Sandbox Account (only required to run test payments)
- Credit Card powered by Braintree: This plugin tokenizes payments in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to work with saved Credit Cards as payment methods for future & recurring orders.
- PayPal Powered by Braintree: This plugin tokenizes payments in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to work with saving PayPal as a payment method for future & recurring orders.
- "Buy Now on Product Pages": this setting bypasses the ability to add a product to the cart with Autoship Options selected.
- "Apple Pay" as a saved payment method has not been tested to work as a saved payment method for Scheduled Orders.
Setting up Braintree Payments with Autoship Cloud
Use the Braintree Sandbox API Merchant Id, Public, and Private Key entered into WooCommerce above and follow the steps in outlined in our doc here to start testing quickly.
You are now ready to test Checkout and Scheduled Orders with Autoship Cloud.
Testing Braintree Payments with Autoship Cloud in "Test Mode"
Before using a payment gateway in Live Mode, it is necessary to ensure that your integration works in "Test Mode" (sometimes referred to as "Sandbox Mode").
1. Visit your store as a customer (make sure you are logged out as WP Admin)
2. Add a product selected for Autoship to your cart.
3. Complete a checkout using Braintree Credit Card Payments as the payment method, using sandbox credit card info, and filling in the "Create Password" field (this should be required).
4. Verify that the order has successfully processed.
5. As the same customer, visit My Account > Scheduled Orders, and verify that you have a Scheduled Order created and that the product(s), schedule frequency, and payment method are correct.
6. Log back into your site as a WordPress Admin (WP-Admin), navigate to WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders, and verify that the newly created Scheduled Order is present.
7. Repeat steps 2 - 6 using Braintree PayPal as the payment method.
Once you have successfully completed a WooCommerce checkout and verified that a Scheduled Order was created with a saved test payment method, you are ready to enter "Live Mode" (in which actual charges will be created).
1. First, ensure that you are using "Live" settings and not "Test" or "Sandbox" settings from your Braintree Merchant account.
2. Navigate to WP-Admin > WooCommerce > Settings >> Payments (tab) >>> Braintree (Credit Card) and change the "Environment" setting to "Production". Enter the API credentials from your Live Braintree account.
3. Navigate to WP-Admin > WooCommerce > Settings >> Payments (tab) >>> Braintree (PayPal), and change the "Environment" setting to "Production". Enter the API credentials from your Live Braintree PayPal account.
3. Navigate to WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Select the "edit" button (pencil icon) at the right end of the record for your Braintree integration. Disable the option for "Test Mode", and select "Save".
Customer updated their saved payment method's billing address?
When a customer updates their billing address on payment methods saved to Braintree, it is recommended they create a new payment method in My Account > Payment Methods after updating their Billing Address in My Account > Addresses.
You can learn more about this process here: How Customers Update Their Billing Address
Loading a Payment Method from Braintree
Visit QPilot Merchant Center > Dashboard > Scheduled Orders > "View/Edit" then locate the "Payment Details" section ("Load Methods from Gateway" tab).
- In the "Load Methods from Gateway" tab select "Braintree- Load Manually"
- Copy the Customer Id from your Braintree Dashboard, paste it into the Gateway Customer Id field, and select "Load Profile"
- Select the payment profile to apply.
- Select "Update"