[WooCommerce] Paya Payment Solutions (formerly Sage)
Required for this integration:
- Valid SSL installed for your site
- Account with Paya
- Paya Vault to securely save and tokenize payments in your Paya gateway
- WooCommerce Paya gateway plugin download and view documentation here
- Working checkout able to process and save Paya payment methods. Learn more about how to set up and configure Paya settings here
- NOTE: If you're setting up the Paya for WooCommerce plugin for the first time, you can find the full plugin documentation from the plugin author here.
- API Version 1 Only
- Tokenization - This gateway tokenizes payment methods in a way that allows Autoship Cloud to create future orders
- Credit Card Payments - Only credit card payments are supported with Paya Payment Solutions.
Setting up Paya with Autoship Cloud
Once you have ensured that the payment gateway can successfully process a checkout and save a payment method in your store, you'll need to set create a payment integration inside of Autoship Cloud.
To do this, navigate in your WP-Admin to Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Once there, select the blue circle with the "+" sign in it to create a new payment integration. You should see the following screen:
Make sure that "Test Mode" is enabled (unless you are ready to begin using the gateway in Live mode), click the "Payment Method Type" dropdown and select "Paya v1".
Next, enter the API credentials from the previous section in the appropriate fields. When you're done, select "CREATE".
You should now see a payment integration for "Paya v1" in your Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations list.
Testing Paya v1 with Autoship Cloud in Test Mode
Before using a payment gateway in Live Mode, it is a best practice to ensure that payments are successful in "Test Mode" (sometimes referred to as "Sandbox Mode").
To do this:
1. Visit your WooCommerce store as a customer (it's best to be logged out of the Wordpress Admin)
2. Purchase a product selected for Autoship and add it to your cart.
3. Complete a checkout with the Paya payment form, using test credit card info, and registering an account. The "Create Password" field should be required and completed as part of the checkout.
4. Verify that the WooCommerce order has successfully created after completing checkout.
5. As the same customer, visit My Account > Scheduled Orders, and verify that you have a Scheduled Order created, and that the scheduled products that you purchased are included and that the frequency of the Scheduled Order is correct.
6. Log back into your site's WP-Admin as an administrator, navigate to WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Scheduled Orders, and verify that the newly created Scheduled Order is present in your list of Scheduled Orders.
NOTE: If you did not want to put your own Paya account into test mode, you may use the test account provided by Paya with the following credentials:
- Testing Merchant ID Number : 778991271939
- Testing Merchant Key: H9U9R9H3C6D3
For more information on testing and troubleshooting Paya for WooCommerce, please refer to the plugin documentation here.
Once you have successfully completed an Autoship Cloud checkout and verified that a Scheduled Order was created and the payment method was saved, you are ready to enter Live Mode (in which actual charges will be created).
To do this you will need to:
1. Create and/or Login to your Paya account
2. Navigate to WP Admin > Woocommerce > Settings > Payments > Paya, and enter your Merchant ID and Key from your Paya account, and change the setting for Environment from "Testing" to "Live". Select "Save changes" to confirm your settings.
3. Next, navigate to WP Admin > Autoship Cloud > Payment Integrations. Select the "edit" button for your "Paya v1" payment integration. Replace any test API credentials with your actual Paya Account credentials (the same as the previous step 2), and ensure the "Test Mode" option is not enabled. Select "Save" to confirm your settings.
PRO TIP: Test Checkout and Scheduled Orders with Autoship Cloud again using an actual payment method (Credit Card) to ensure your integration is completely ready for real customer payments.
Customer updated their saved payment method's billing address?
When a customer updates their billing address on payment methods saved to Paya, it is recommended they create a new payment method in My Account > Payment Methods after updating their Billing Address in My Account > Addresses.
You can learn more about this process here: How Customers Update Their Billing Address